Offering an alternative to inpatient hospitalization, our Hospital Diversion services at Rebekah Children's Services is an unlocked, community-based therapeutic environment.
Our voluntary treatment setting provides care for a wide range of acute psychiatric crises to prevent hospitalization or provide a step-down transition from a hospital setting. The program is structured around placement within our facility combined with intensive individualized care from our team of licensed clinicians, psychiatrists, registered nurses, psycho educational instructors, and milieu staff. Our treatment team utilizes Collaborative Problem Solving (CPS) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) combined with medication management to create a successful treatment and aftercare plan.
- 24/7 admissions
- High-staffing ratios
- On-site psychiatry, psychopharmacological, and nursing services
- Individualized treatment using a multi-disciplinary approach
- Intensive individual psychotherapy , combined with group work, activities, and milieu therapy
- Discharge and aftercare planning.
- identify underlying causes of behavior & begin early intervention
- entire clinical team working toward stabilization
- establish links to community resources
- aggressively plan for discharge from time of admission
Our 12 bed unit serves a co-ed population of youth ages 6-17.
Supplemental Services Available
- Outpatient Mental Health
- Day Treatment
- Residential Treatment
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)
- Clinical, Medical, and Psychiatric Support
- Non-public School
- Crisis Intervention
- Permanency Services
We accept placements from county social service agencies, JPD, mental health, and school districts across California. For private pay or private insurers, contact our Admissions Department at (408) 846-2457.