How to Become a Superhero
May 17, 2017
A superhero is someone who has superhuman powers that helps protect local citizens from getting hurt and makes the world a better place. That sounds just like a foster parent! A foster parent is someone who helps protect children from their community when they are at the most vulnerable and makes the world better by changing the lives of these children.
Here, at Rebekah Children’s Services we are in the business of making superheroes, one foster parent at a time! Joining the RCS Superhero family takes work, dedication and a loving heart. Our Foster Care and Adoption Program, has been training and guiding foster parents for over 30 years who have all made a positive impact in at least one child life.
The Foster Care and Adoption team work collaboratively with all new Foster Parents to guide them through the fulfilling process of providing love and care for foster youth within the community. We pride ourselves on the meaningful relationships and personalized support we provide to each of our foster families. Our Foster Care team will be side by side with you throughout our process of becoming a certified Foster Family. Don’t be intimidated about the “process” we have broken it down into just a few steps!
- Attend an orientation. With our orientations being one-on-one, you receive a thorough understanding of our process, as well, as our undivided attention to answer any questions you may have.
- Complete our application and background check. Just a phone call away, our staff any clarify any confusion you may come across during this second step process.
- Attend our Pre-Service classes. In only three classes, one weeknight and two Saturdays, you will leave with a better understanding of the strengths needed to become a Foster Parent, as well as, connect with other parents who are going through the same process!
- Complete the Family Assessment. Through a series of interviews, our team will learn about your family and how your family will best support a foster child.
- We save the best for last, our final process is to open your home! Spreading love and care to foster children in need.
Through the eyes of a foster child, a Foster Parent is a superhero. With your super powers of love, nurturing, and understanding, you will be changing the lives of children from you own community.
Are you ready to become a superhero!?!